Washington County Jail - Huber

Are you reporting for a Huber sentence?

You will need to have employment BEFORE you arrive for your sentence. Click on the following links for the Huber or Electronic Monitoring packets. Please fill out the packets and turn into the jail BEFORE your sentence so employment can be verified. If you arrive without, you will not be allowed to exercise your Huber privileges.

Forms can be emailed to: [email protected]

Temp. agencies that we will accept long-term employment from include:

  • SEEK Careers
  • Express Employment Professionals
  • Professionals QPS Employment Group

If seeking employment, please register with one of the above listed temp. agencies, prior to reporting for your sentence.

If you are self-employed, you will need to be able to show at least two years taxes and show liability/worker comp. insurance.


Things you will need the day you report:

  • $30 booking fee
  • Minimum 2 weeks board:
    • Huber ($20/day=$140/wk)
    • E.M. ($30/day=$210/wk)
  • Driver’s License and Social Security Card
  • All prescribed medications
  • Any work related uniforms/shoes
  • Valid auto insurance (if you are driving)

Huber Law 303.08 

Any person sentenced to a county jail for a crime, non-payment of a fine or forfeiture, or contempt of court, may be granted privilege of the leaving of jail during necessary and reasonable hours for the following purposes:

  • Working at employment.
  • Conducting any self-employed occupation.
  • Attendance at an assessment ordered by a court under 343.30(1q)c.

  • Attendance at a treatment program required by a driver safety plan under 343.30(1)c.

  • Attending court proceedings to which the person is a party or for which the person has been subpoenaed as a witness.

  • Attendance at an educational institution or medical treatment

By order of the court, the wages or salaries of the employed prisoners shall be disbursed by the sheriff for the following purposes, in the following order:

  • Necessary travel expenses to and from work.
  • Court-ordered support of the prisoner’s dependents, if any.
  • Other incidental expenses of the prisoner.
  • Payments, either in full or ratably, of the prisoner’s obligations acknowledged by him in writing or which have been reduced to judgment.
  • The board of the prisoner.
  • The balance, if any, to the prisoner upon his discharge.

The sheriff may refuse to permit the prisoner to exercise the prisoner’s privilege to leave the jail not to exceed 5 days for each breach of discipline or violation of Jail regulations.