Veteran Mental Health

You helped us. Let us help you.

You served us with dignity, self-sufficiency and fortitude, risking both your physical and mental well-being for the greater good. Now it’s our turn to support you with easy-access, close-to-home mental health services.


Accessible mental health services for those who served our country

Our mission is to help Washington County veterans and their families obtain the State and Federal veteran benefits they’re entitled to. Right here in Washington County, you’ll get the care you need and deserve—without the long wait times. Whether you’re recently discharged or have been a veteran for decades, it’s time to reach out, start the conversation, and get the support you need.


Available mental health services for veterans

Ranging from PTSD, depression, and anxiety disorders to marriage counseling and more, the Washington County Mental Health Center offers a wide range of outpatient services for veterans in need.

  • Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatry

If you or your loved one is experiencing suicidal thoughts, dial 800-273-8255 (TALK). If you’re in an emergency, dial 911.


If you or someone you know needs immediate support, call 211


For crisis intervention, call 262-365-6565


Helping veterans make the most of their benefits

We can help you figure out your eligibility for State and Federal benefits, find a record of discharge documents, file claims for either compensation or pension, and explain programs that might be of interest to a veteran and their family. The United States Department of Veterans Affairs and the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs have developed many programs that are for veterans (requirements apply for each of these programs), including but not limited to:

  • Disability Compensations
  • Income-based Pension
  • Healthcare
  • Education Benefits
  • Primary Home Loans
  • Tuition Assistance
  • Retraining Grants

    Eligibility requirements

  • You must hold residency in Washington County.
  • You must be a service-connected, honorably discharged military veteran
  • You must have Community Care or Tri-Care insurance
  • If you do not, Washington County can help you become connected to one of these payers to ensure you’re able to receive services. Plus, we do offer free services for uninsured veterans.

Let us help you

Ready to reach out and get the help you deserve? Call our mental health clinic at 262-335-4600 or veteran service office at 262-335-4457 to ask about open access availability.

close carousel